Monday, May 28, 2012

Roof - Sheathing

Today was a ridiculous day to spend on a roof.  It was stinkin hot!

But that's where I was for the most part.  I finished up framing the fascia boards all the way around and I shimmed two trusses to make things line up better.  Then it was time for plywood.

The layout worked fine.  I didn't have any problems with the trusses being skewed and needing to custom cut my plywood.  There were two 1' 7" spaces mixed in with the normal 2' spaces.  I understand why it was designed that way, but it was a bit more of a bother to deal with.

Here are some photos:

The front is basically done.  There are a few board that need to be trimmed.  The front side of the ridge vent is cut.
The 'ladders' that I mentioned in the last post are used to create the eves.  You can see here how they are covered with sheathing and become part of the roof.
A bit more to do on the back side of the roof yet.
Daddy, can I come up there with you?
The 'attic' (10' x 4'-3") area.  The temporary bracing will be cleaned up once the sheathing is on.

No comments:

Post a Comment